Forer Personality ProfilingWe Already Know A Lot About You
Website Visitor ProfilingWebsite analytics gives us the data we need to track visitors on this site. It's amazing how much we can learn about site visitors by watching what pages they visit and how long they linger. Our profiling system uses psychological techniques established by Bertrum R. Forer in 1948 that are still applicable even today.
Your Forer Profile
- For every confusing feeling you have of self-doubt today, there is a corresponding one of unbridled optimism.
- You play conversations back to yourself in your head and wonder what that person really meant when he said such-and-such, conversations that other people wouldn't give a second thought to.
- You like to show a calm, self-assured fluid kind of stability, but because this is self-consciously created, it will create bouts of frustrated silliness and a delight in extremes, or at least a delight in being seen to be extreme. You most easily recognize this control in how you are with people around you.
- You can be outgoing at times but at times you can also be shy.
- Disciplined and self-controlled outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure inside.
- You have an enormous cynicism towards those who prefer to be part of a group or who exhibit any cliquey behavior, and you always feel a pang of disappointment when you see your close friends seeming to follow that route. Deep down it feels like rejection.
- You could let people in a little more, however there is a darkness you feel you should hide. Much of this is in the personal/relationship/sexual area, and is related to a neediness which you don't like.
- You find yourself more interested in how things feel than the truth about what's behind the mask.
- You like to have your own space and to work within your own time frame.
- You'd rather try and fail, and swing from one extreme to the other, than settle for the little that you see others content with.
- You sometime feel that you should have been born in a different century.
- You see yourself as being decisive when it matters, and so sometimes worry that others might regard you as weak for leaving things open-ended.
- You have a great deal of unused capacity which you have not turned to your advantage.
- Security is one of your major goals in life.
- You're naturally a little disorganized. A look around your living space would show a box of photos, unorganized into albums, out-of-date medicines, broken items not thrown out, and notes to yourself which are significantly out of date.
Curious about how we do this? Click here to learn more about Bertrum Forer and his profiling methodology.