Forer Personality ProfilingWe Already Know A Lot About You
Website Visitor ProfilingWebsite analytics gives us the data we need to track visitors on this site. It's amazing how much we can learn about site visitors by watching what pages they visit and how long they linger. Our profiling system uses psychological techniques established by Bertrum R. Forer in 1948 that are still applicable even today.
Your Forer Profile
- You prefer to have an easygoing attitude about your current obligations, but there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to find time to relax.
- You have a great deal of unused capacity which you have not turned to your advantage.
- You pride yourself as an independent thinker and do not accept other's statements without satisfactory proof.
- You set high standards for yourself, and in many ways are a bit of a perfectionist. The problem is, though, that it means you often don't get stuff done, because you are frustrated by the idea of mediocrity and are wearied by the idea of starting something fresh. However, once your brain is engaged you'll find yourself sailing.
- You are practical, matter-of-fact, realistic, and usually responsible.
- You are certainly bright with an appealing personality, but you are unusually open to life's possibilities, something not normally found among achieving people.
- You find yourself more interested in how things feel than the truth about what's behind the mask.
- Your relationship with your parents (there is a suggestion that one is no longer around, or at least emotionally absent) is under some strain. You wish to remain fond of them but recent issues are causing frustration, from your side far more than theirs. In fact they seem unaware of your thoughts on the matter.
- You'd rather try and fail, and swing from one extreme to the other, than settle for the little that you see others content with.
- Some of your aspirations tend to be pretty unrealistic.
- You have learned to protect yourself by keeping people at bay. Because in the past you have learned to be disappointed by people, and because there were issues with you adjusting to your sexuality, you instinctively keep people at arm's length until you decide they are allowed over that magic line into your group of close friends.
- You've given up dreams a little easily when your mind flitted elsewhere.
- Sometimes you sound like you know everything because you often do understand more than others.
- You have a real capacity for deciding that such-and-such a thing (or so-and-so a person) will be the be all and end all of everything and be with you forever.
- You're naturally a little disorganized. A look around your living space would show a box of photos, unorganized into albums, out-of-date medicines, broken items not thrown out, and notes to yourself which are significantly out of date.
Curious about how we do this? Click here to learn more about Bertrum Forer and his profiling methodology.